The following is a list of events, deals, and attractions near the inn from "Sangimi no Yado".
“sano no yado” as known by photo and map.
Retro Showa-era row house [sano no yado]
“sano no yado” is a Nagaya (Japanese row house) inn where you can experience the lifestyle of the good old Showa period.
It is a 5-minute walk from Izumisano Station, two stations from Kansai International Airport.
Despite its convenient location in front of the station, once you enter the inn, you will feel as if you have stepped back in time, as if you have stepped into a quiet, retro Japanese-style space.
This article introduces the facilities and equipment provided at “sano no yado,” along with photos.
We also include information on the surrounding area, so please take advantage of it!
- About the room
- Facilities & Equipment
- Neighborhood Information
About the room
Into the good old Japanese living space.
“sano no yado” is a renovated Japanese row house “Nagaya” built in the Showa-era.
Although not large, the small Japanese-style room with an alcove has a veranda.
During the daytime, please relax on the zabuton (cushions) around the zataku (table).
When sleeping, please lay a futon on the tatami mats.
Floor plan of sano no yado.
The layout consists of 2 Japanese-style rooms, 1 Western-style room, kitchen and a bathroom with a shower.
Recommended for long stays.
”sano no yado” is a 5-minute walk from “Izumisano Station on the Nankai Railway Line”. It is located in an area in front of the station where there are many stores.
The tenement-style “sano no yado” has two types of rooms, I and II, but “sano no yado I” on the left side of the building is currently being used as a guest house.
- Exterior view of “sano no yado.”The door on the left (front) side of the photo is the entrance to sano no yado I.
- Entrance.You can put your suitcases or take off your shoes slowly.
- You can find sterilizing gel and other items on the right side of the entrance door. We also post notices from the inn, so please take a look at them.
Bicycle rental is available.
“sano no yado” has 2 rental bicycles available.
They are available for use by any guest.
Western-style room leading from the entrance.
Here you will find a TV, cupboard, rattan chair and table.
- Western-style room. The sliding door on the left side of the screen is the entrance.
- The door in the center of the photo leads to the kitchen, and the sliding door on the right leads to the entrance.
- The shelf with the TV on it contains dishes. Please feel free to use it.
“sano no yado” kitchen is retro, but the water area is cleaned well every time.
The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove and basic cooking utensils and seasonings.
- One gas stove. Cooking utensils are located on shelves in the lower part of the kitchen.
- We have a refrigerator, microwave, and toaster. Self-catering is available for long-term guests.
- When garbage is generated, please separate it here.
From the kitchen there is an entrance to the bathroom.
The bathroom has a shower and a toilet, separated by a curtain.
There is also a washbasin near the entrance.
The washbasin is equipped with a hair dryer and a toothbrush as toiletries.
Shampoo, conditioner, and body soap are provided in the bathroom.
- Washbasin. Amenities are available here.
- Toilet and shower room are separated by a curtain. There is no bathtub. *Photographs are of sano no yado II.
Japanese room (Sub room)
The smaller of the two Japanese-style rooms.
This room has no window, so please use it for changing clothes or storing luggage.
This room is connected to the Western-style room, the kitchen, and the main Japanese-style room.
- In addition to the clothes rack, there are eight hangers and a clothes brush.
- This room also has a full-length mirror. A vacuum cleaner is also available in this room.
Japanese room (Main room)
The main Japanese-style room is the largest room in our inn.
It is a room with a zataku (Japanese low table).
It is a calm Japanese-style room with tatami mats and a Tokonoma.
When you go to bed, please put away the zataku and lay down a futon on the floor.
- The zataku is large and can be surrounded by 6 people.
- Sterilization products and thermometers are always available.
- There is a Shogi board in “sano no yado Ⅰ”. You can play freely.
A sweeping window in the main Japanese-style room opens onto a veranda. This veranda is not connected to the outdoors.
- Outside the sweeping window is a veranda.
- A washing machine and clothesline are available on the veranda.
- The veranda has foot lighting in addition to the normal lighting.
Facilities & Equipment
Service provider: UQ WiMAX
Communication speed: 440Mbps downlink, 75Mbps uplink
If the total data traffic for 3 days exceeds 10 GB, it will be limited to about 1 Mbps or less around 18-2 during the following night time (congestion time zone).
Infection control measures
Ventilation available (with windows and exhaust fans)
Cleaned each time by cleaning staff (*No self-cleaning by guests)
Sterilized and disinfected every time. Sterilization products are provided.
The space is spacious enough to maintain social distance.
There are no stairs in our inn, but there are steps at the entrance. Please check the photo.
Facilities at the Inn
Western style rooms Equipments
- Zataku (low table)
- Zabuton (cushion) x8
- Air-conditioning and Heating facilities
- Rattan Swivel Chair x2
- Small rattan table x1
- Gas stove x1
- Microwave Oven
- Refrigerator with freezing function
- Frying pan
- Two Handed Pots
- Cutting boards
- Kitchen knife
- Cooking chopsticks
- Cooking spatula x 2
- Wine opener
Tableware & Cutlery
- Square plate ×5
- Medium plate ×5
- Small Plates ×5
- Coffee Cup & Saucer ×5
- Glasses ×5
- Rice Cup ×5
- Spoon ×5
- Forks ×5
- Sake bottle
- Sake cup ×5
- Shower – No bathtub
- Mirror (1 washbasin x1 posture mirror x1)
- Washbasin x1
- Bath Towel
- Bath mats
- Hair dryer
- Laundry space (on the balcony)
- Cloth-drying pole
- Cleaning kit
- Amenity shampoo and body soap (provided in bathroom)
- No parking is available.
- Bicycle rental is available. Please inquire if you wish to use them.
- Electric capacity is limited. Please do not use a microwave oven or hair dryer at the same time.
“sano no yado” is located in Izumisano City, Osaka Prefecture. From the station, why don’t you go out to the sightseeing spots in Izumisano?
Here we will introduce the nearest station to sano no yado, sightseeing spots in Izumisano City, and facilities around the inn.
Location of Inn
“sano no yado” is conveniently located a 5-minute walk from Nankai Electric Railway Izumisano Station.
There are many restaurants and stores nearby, and the location is very convenient with an extensive train and bus transportation network.
Nearest Station – Izumisano Sta.
Please note that there is a large hotel on the east exit side, making it difficult to see the station at first glance.
Nankai Railway’s “Izumisano Station” is a stop for limited express and express trains, and is served by the Nankai Line and the Airport Line. Kansai Airport Station is only two stops away.
There is also good access to downtown Namba in Osaka City and Wakayama Prefecture.
It is a very convenient station for going out to various places in Osaka City.
There is a roundabout on the east exit side of the station, which is convenient for taking local buses, community buses, and cabs.
Izumisano City is surrounded by the sea and mountains in the southern part of Osaka City.
On the sea side are Kansai International Airport, the gateway to the Kansai region; Rinku Town, with its premium outlet stores and other commercial facilities; and Izumisano Fishing Port.
On the mountain side, there are many places of interest, such as “Shipporyuji Temple,” the oldest fundamental training center for asceticism in Japan, Mt. Inunaki with its hot spring resort, and “Hinenosho,” a manor ruins that retains the satoyama landscape of the Kamakura period.
“sano no yado” is easily accessible from either side, and with Izumisano Station as a base, you can take the train or bus to any part of the city.
You can also easily go out to outlets and fishing ports by bicycle.
- Rinku town- Ferris wheel & Rinku Gate Tower
- Rinku Premium Outlets
- For freshly caught seafood, visit Izumisano Fishing Port and Aozora Market.
- Shipporyuji Temple on Mt. Inunaki, a sacred site where women can also perform ascetic practices.
- Hinenosho enjoys a satoyama landscape. Cosmos fields appear in autumn.
- At Nakami Shrine, you can receive a red seal for the water eggplant.
A supermarket “Matsugen Parade Izumisano” is located just a 1-minute walk away.
It is close enough to be in sight as soon as you exit the inn.
“Matsugen” is open from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Also in the same building is a very convenient 100 yen store “Can Do” and a dry cleaning store “France-ya”.
In addition, there is a supermarket “Co-op Izumisano” 5 minutes away on foot.
The nearest drugstore is “Cocokara Fine Coop Izumisano”, which is attached to the supermarket “Coop Izumisano”.
“Matsumotokiyoshi Izumisano Station” is also located at Izumisano Sta.
The nearest convenience store, Seven-Eleven Izumisano Takamatsu Higashi Store”, is about a 3-minute walk away.
There are no traffic lights along the way, so you can easily go out.
Clinic & Pharmacy
If you become ill during your stay, there is a “Medical Mall” with various clinics located a few minutes walk away.
If you wish to see a doctor, please be sure to inquire at each clinic before coming to the hospital.
If you have a fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, please contact the local public health center to prevent new coronavirus infection. Information on how to contact the public health center is posted at the inn.
There are many dispensing pharmacies not only in the “Medical Mall” but also in the surrounding area.
Sento (Public Baths)/Hot spring baths
There are no public bathhouses within a 10-minute walk, but there is a popular local bathhouse, “Nagomi-yu”, about 5 minutes away by bicycle.
It may be difficult to make the round trip in summer or in the middle of winter, but the path is less hilly. We recommend it for those who want to stretch their legs and soak in the hot water slowly.
We also recommend “Inunaki Onsen”, which is only a bus ride away. From beautiful and luxurious ryokan hot springs to unexplored hot springs that will make hot spring connoisseurs gasp, you can enjoy a relaxing one-day trip.
Route to “Nagomi-yu”
Route to “Inunaki Onsen”
sangimi no yado ブログ